Transitions are proud to announce they are now certified installers of Ashford Formula!
What is Ashford Formula?
The Ashford Formula, the leading product used in concrete densification since 1949, is a transparent, chemically reactive, water based sealer that penetrates concrete and masonry building materials, protecting, preserving and strengthening them permanently.
Curing - the Ashford Formula controls hairline checking on new concrete by quickly stabilizing the surface. When applied to properly placed, structurally sound, freshly finished concrete, the Ashford Formula will uniformly cure the concrete through a combined chemical/moisture retention reaction vital to the complete hydration process
Sealing - the Ashford Formula penetrates deep into the concrete, forming a chemical reaction that locks the pores from within, providing a deep permanent seal on all types of concrete surfaces.
Hardening - the Ashford Formula solidifies the component parts of the concrete into one solid mass, increasing the density, toughness, hardness and substantially increasing the abrasion resistance and durability of the concrete surface. Smooth steel troweled surfaces develop a marble-like finish and sheen. The Ashford Formula treated concrete has been compressively tested 38% harder after 30 days than fully cured untreated concrete.
Dustproofing- the Ashford Formula chemically locks in calcium hydroxide, which normally causes dusting on concrete floors.
Neutralising Alkali - as the Ashford Forumla progressively penetrates the concrete, it neutralises the alkalis, forcing them to the surface where they can be washed away during the application. Under normal conditions, the alkalis are locked in and efflorescence and the leaching of lime and alkalis stop. In cases of excessive moisture and/ore extreme hydrostatic pressure, this reaction may not b able to stop all salts from migrating to the surface.
Bonding - the Ashford Formula prepares the treated surface for paints, caulking compounds, adhesives and floor covering by eliminating the surface concrete salts that are detrimental to proper bonding. The Ashford Formula contains no silicone and is coat able and compatible with an ape of covering when standard surface preparation guidelines are followed.
With one application of the Ashford Formula, concrete or other masonry is cured and permanently sealed for its lifetime, and is resistant to oils, greases and other surface contaminants. The component parts of the concrete are solidified into a solid mass that hardest and increases the density. Surface alkalis are neutralised and efflorescence and the leaching of lime and alkalis are mitigated. Treatable materials include concrete, heavyweight concrete block mortar, plaster, stucco, terrazzo, exposed aggregate and any sand aggregate-portland cement combination. Ideal applications include warehouses, distribution facilities, aviation hangars, manufacturing plants, food processing and distribution buildings, pulp and paper mills or other types of facilities with exposed concrete floors.
- Reduces or eliminates hairline cracks in new concrete.
- Only one application creates a permanent seal that is solid, rather than porous, on all types of concrete surfaces.
- Hardens and strengthens within the concrete mass, protecting against deterioration and producing a floor that is resistant to traffic; rather than eroding, the floor surface actually self polishes with use.
- Treated surface resists dust, oils, greases and other surface contaminants, such as tyre marks.
- Effective curing agent when applied immediately after the finishing operation; stabilises and significantly enhances abrasion resistance and durability of surface.
- Eliminates dusting, which enhances surface bonding of paints, caulking compounds, adhesives and floor coverings.
- Compatible with any type of covering when standard surface preparation guidelines are followed.
- Thinners are not required. Equipment is cleaned using water only.