Transitions Polishing and Grinding recently completed the installation of an extensive concrete flooring project at Capri on Via Roma in Isle of Capri on the Gold Coast. The award winning development, designed by BDA Architecture, is a refurbishment and extension of the existing 1960s building.
Transitions completed works on over 24,000m2 of concrete flooring at the shopping centre. These included:
- 12,000m2 of Diamond Grinding to prepare all rain damaged slabs
- 1,500m2 of Transitions Stained Concrete floors throughout the internal mall
- 1,000m2 of Transitions Polished Concrete and Stained Concrete floors in The Greener Grocer supermarket
- 500m2 of Transitions Polished Concrete flooring in a number of retail tenancies - Blackboard Coffee Roasters, Manolas Brother Delicatessen, The Fish Emporium, Olga's Health Food and Capri Wine + Beer
- 3,500m2 of Transitions Honed Concrete floors in the external pathways, entryways and external car parking lots at the shopping centre
- 6,000m2 of Epoxy Coatings in the basement car park
According to Development Director, Duncan Bull, "Capri on Via Roma responds to the compelling trends in how consumers wish to shop. our location and the scale of our site have allowed us to very confidently provide for a broad retail mix that will ensure Capri on Via Roma is a highly desirable location for commodity style shopping, experienced based shopping and as importantly, social interaction."
Transitions will be providing a series of project highlights detailing specifically the individual concrete flooring products installed in the Gold Coast shopping centre over the coming months. To read the full series of articles, keep checking back in with our website.